31.10.06

Saikung

These are some pictures I took in Saikung. Saikung is a fising village in New Territories, one of the districts in North part of Hong Kong. Saikung is refered as the mecca for sea food lover, both for Hong Kong residence and tourists. The day we went there, the weather was not so good. It was a bit cloudy so we could not really see further from seashore.

What was interesting for me is the transaction there. After we finished with laying down in the beach, we visited the commercial part of Saikung. There are a lot of boats where fishermen offering their fish to people standing at the pier. Once a person has picked the fish, they will directly 'kill' them. This was the most horrible part of Saikung. I saw myself a fish was being knocked with a hammer! :( No way! I rather eat cooked fish than the fresh one! Other than that, there are also a lot of boat which are functioned as house. I think they live there. Ah, of course! I told you Saikung is a fishing village!

Well, enjoy the pics!

No comments: